Business services available > Chemicals
Business services available
Are you looking for new transport solutions in order to deliver your chemicals in single wagons or in convoys? Are you looking for a reliable and safe transport company to deliver your hazardous goods? Are you looking for responsive and competitive removal skills in order to supply your customers in France an Europe?
Our role is to deliver your products in complete safety
Because your products require specific attention, our offering to industrial companies in the chemicals sector is based on three key points.
- Présence Fret: Fret SNCF relies on a dedicated expert unit in order to ensure the completely safe delivery of chemicals. Présence Fret ensures the operational management of potential incidents 24/7 and is involved during the transportation of goods that present a potential risk for humans and the environment. In the event of an incident, Présence Fret notifies the various players involved immediately, and warns the Government authorities, if required, often as a precautionary measure.
- The delivery of hazardous goods benefits from the general safety system that SNCF applies to all of its traffic, as well as from the regulatory specifications regarding international rail transportation of hazardous goods (RID).
Fret SNCF high level of transportation safety, which is recognised by an SQAS audit (2012 rating of 96.8%) boosts the company’s strong performance in the chemicals transportation safety area. It reflects the know-how of the network of regional and national experts, and Fret SNCF approach, which is hands-on and seeks ongoing improvement.
A diversified offering
Key data for the Chemicals Unit :
- over 8 million tonnes of hazardous materials transported
- 60% of the traffic is in single wagon (Multi-lots Multi-clients)
- 300,000 wagons containing hazardous materials are sent in convoys every year
- Diversified transport solutions: we can design the transport solutions that are appropriate for your requirements with you, from whole trains to single wagon offer: Multi-lots Multi-clients.
- Fret SNCF single wagon offering, which was launched in 2011, is specifically designed for the requirements of its customers in the chemicals industry. The offering, which is structured around 24 routes that connect the major economic areas in the country (including the Sibelin-Mulhouse route since January 2013), enables SNCF to offer a long-term single wagon service, with a commitment to timeframes that are compatible with our customers’ business.
- Detailed knowledge of the network: Our widespread presence on the national rail network enables us to offer you a logistics solution that is appropriate for your requirements
- International relationships: working together with foreign rail companies or as the single transporter, we work with the Captrain network, in order to offer you transport solutions on a European scale. The Multi-lots Multi-clients offering, which is already connected to major international routes, extends beyond borders (Woippy-Antwerp and Woippy-Cologne routes since October 2012 and all French-Swiss traffic since early 2013).
A local presence
We offer you:
- A specialist sales force: our sales team specialises in your market. They are located throughout France, in order to provide you with the most appropriate answers.
- An innovative Production Management Team. Working together with our sales team, the traffic designers draw up the transport solution that is best suited to your requirements.
- A dedicated market platform, which is your daily contact point for monitoring and managing your transport operations.
- A range of e-services that enables you to monitor your transport operations, your invoices, and your CO2 emissions.
Sales contact: François Corvez